In 1959, a group of Christians, alarmed by the departure from biblical standards and the leftist tilt of the Presbyterian Church USA, were led by the Lord to separate from the First Presbyterian Church in Kalispell. During this time, Dr. Carl McIntire, one of the founders of the Bible Presbyterian denomination, was heard on his weekly 20th Century Reformation Hour broadcast on the radio in Kalispell. The elderly minister of First Presbyterian Church encouraged those who were concerned to contact Dr. McIntire. That same year, the group left the liberal church, met with a representative of the Northwest Presbytery of the Bible Presbyterian Church, and voted to form a Bible Presbyterian church. The group began meeting in a rented facility, until they were able to purchase their present church building in 1961.
Rev. James E. Huff is the present minister. Previous ministers include Rev. William Faucette, Rev. Harold Kellam, and Rev. Clyde Field.
Our church is part of the Bible Presbyterian denomination. For information about the denomination, our other churches, missions, approved agencies, and other outreach, please visit www.bpc.org.